Home Forums Current Issues Rasheed sahib, sorry to bother you but……..

Rasheed sahib, sorry to bother you but……..

Viewing 8 posts – 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Author

• I have to tell yu that Perception is growing that PMLN gets together with govt issues important to its own survival but not common mans benefit. Things like giving up Punjabs gas rights in 18th amendment, 20th amendment in days for elections but no single meeting with Govt on energy issue. How about calling an APC ON energy.

Rasheed sahib, please let me know why shahbaz sharif didnt show up at this energy conference. It is the issue of country right now. But instead he chose to preside over some meeting for some roadwork in lahore. Why so much apathy being shown about a issue which is especially affecting PMLNs core voting region of central punjab so much.

And this is coming from a PMLN sympathiser. I am in states but talking to my family back home(they all in business and supporters of PMLN untill now), i always get the sense this energy issue is practically destroying their lives. Profits are distant thing, it has started eating into their equity. My family was there at PMLNS Gujranwala jalsa too. PMLN local MNAS KNOW THEM personally. And they have started doubting PMLN too.

Now only thing my family and many other business families we know want some firm stance on this issue from PMLN.

Pmln or Punjab govt has not acted forcefully on this issue except some cosmetic statements and headless conferences. Beleive me it is not gonna work.

PMLN HAS TO speak on this issue everyday from now on otherwise i think PMLN is going to go into a sinkhole as far as Gujranwala and sialkot are concerned. You have no clue of the gravity of the issue.

When people have their livelihood on one hand and loyalty to PMLN ON THE other, yu can guess where they gonna go.

I have the sense you somehow know people in PMLN leadership, so please tell them to speak on this issue everday. It is not 1990s, it is media saturated world and perceptions are more important than reality.

THANKS

@zufi,

The main purpose of the conference was to share the draft energy policy of PMLN with stakeholders and get their inputs to update the policy.

I was initially taken back by non-presence of Sharif brothers, but you can judge the seriousness from party side that I have not seen the entire top leadership from Pakistan along with architects of PMLN policies like Sartaj Aziz, Ishaq Dar and Ahsan Iqbal in same place.

Party chairman Zafar-ul-Haq, Presidents from all provinces, including Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan were present.

Presentations were done from several heads and professors of Engineering Universities, Chairmen of institutes like WAPDA and OGDCL, CEOs of private energy companies, CEOs of banks, chairmen of business councils and representatives of textile mills and consumers etc.

This was an initial session where everyone networked together and more focused groups will be made to discuss the detailed policies for solar, hydro, thermal, wind, nuclear etc along with issues related to transmission and line losses etc.

Shahbaz Sharif was supposed to be present as an end user and he was supposed to tell the problems his province was facing to the policy committee. His presentation was delivered by his associate in details and message was delivered to policy committee.

Thank you for the encouraging words Rasheed Bhai. On a rather pertinent note Zufi, you would be pleased to know that the power theft is at its lowest in Punjab hovering at 14% as compared to national average of over 24% And the Punjab government’s policies on energy have been ranked by the World Bank as being on par with global best practices.

Rasheed bhai,

Try all you want but come next election, there won’t be any admin who would polish your shoes and delete people’s “votes”, talk about feeling the heat.

^^^^ People are still denying that they are HAWAS BAKHTA ;)

Yaar umpire saath mila ker khailnay mein mazza nahi aata. Aur noon walay baghair umpire saath milaye khailthay nahi hain.

Yaar Qisar tum tu bilawaja lal peeplay ho rahay ho yaar….choro yeh umpire wumpire ki bahas aur shoroo ho jao….mein tumhara humnawa hoon meray dost.

let the party (PMLN) do something without Shareef Brothers, at least they are giving room to policy makers, NS or SS are head of the party not policy makers…make sense!

Viewing 8 posts – 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  zufi 2 years, 2 months ago.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.