Home Forums Current Issues Threats To Democracy In Pakistan?

Tagged: , ,

Threats To Democracy In Pakistan?

Viewing 15 posts – 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

• Author

• Who are the major actors conspiring against democratic rule in Pakistan?If we can recognize them, I think it would be easier to understand the current political situation in Pakistan

1-People who are fed-up with the corrupt politicians and want a cleanup operation.

2-People who have some vested interests in dictatorship, the bureaucrats and technocrats (with their allies in the media)

3-Some politicians with no political future in the elections – the likes of Sheeda Talli.

4-Finally there are those who are ideologically opposed to the democratic system – the khalifa group.

BTW:A new wave of violence is about to be unleashed in Karachi as a part of an effort to derail democracy (according to Hamid Mir in Capital Talk, he has been saying this for a while now).

Who are the major actors conspiring against democratic rule in Pakistan

_________

Zia Sahib

Valid question and it is not fair to ask questions in response to a question yet I will take some liberties with you.

My question

a) who are the major actors who want democracy in Pakistan

b) who are the major actors supporting democracy in Pakistan

My answer to your question is that in our country power prevails over any other thing and as such and and all all who are interested in unlimited powers want to attain power regardless of a democratic structure or a non-democratic structure.

I dont think democracy is under threat as we never had any true democracy. The threat is to either ceding or sharing power

Hypocrite Sb,

You are right about not having a functional democracy in our country.I should have qualified my statement by using the phrase “democratic process”.

Answering your question, I would say, all those people interested in creating an equitable society based on equal rights for citizens irrespective of gender, race, ethnicity or religion, freedom of speech and independent judiciary and media.

The continuum of the process is a must for the very existence of our nation.

all those people interested in creating an equitable society based on equal rights for citizens irrespective of gender, race, ethnicity or religion, freedom of speech and independent judiciary and media.

______

Zia sahib

Thanks a lot. I do agree with you. Now please let me know if we still have majority of Pakistanis believe in what you have mentioned above.

I personally think that we used to have such a majority until 1977 but after that the majority is just wandering without any clear direction.

My dear Friends

It’s good to see people loving and talking so much in favor of democracy and the continuation of democracy. I say that if this kind of democracy in Pakistan has to continue then I feel utterly sorry for the already suffering nation in Pakistan. It’s really so painful hearing and watching tv talk shows where well fed and well clad leaders are fighting against each other. You never hear any sensible discussion participated by such…..for how to change the system and that how to bring middle class citizens into the parliaments, and that how to get rid of shortages of daily needs people need to breath and to sustain at least. Nothing what so ever. All you see there is corrupt and incompetent “politicians” trying to save their kind of democracy so that they can continue robbing and stealing the nation further. In Panjab I asked an old couple in a local hospital what they think of this system and this democracy. Believe me the husband looked at me very angrily, and said in his panjabi style few things about people like me and somethings about politicians which I can’t translate. They said also agains IK and Altaf Husain a lot filth, including all other known politicians. And when I asked them if they will be casting their vote, he again answered with lots of filthy things which made many people around laugh like any thing.

I’m sure if any of you was there and herd all that will also be thinking and talking like such people and I myself talk about this kind of democracy that has caused so much anger and frustration among normal and poor people of Pakistan. But if you tell all such facts and realities to any posh Pakistani politician the answer will be that all they worry is danger to their democracy, and that public is starving to go to polls. Maybe the all are right in their way.

Why there is so much emphesys on fair and free elections??? Just because 95% of current parliamentarians have won their elections from back door only. No wonder why TUQ is forcing the implementation of 62, 63 and 218 before elections are held. Yes, if Qadri succeeds in his mission, only then we could have a little hope for the future of a true democratic system. Otherwise the ‘democracy in Pakistan’ will have to remains as the most lucrative way to fool and rob the nation.

Each actor has his own meaning and definition of Democracy and his defined threat to democracy.

Some say Memogate is against democracy.

Some say Long March is against democracy.

Some say Implimination of 62 & 63 is against democracy.

Some say No democracy without 62 & 63.

Some say disolving election commission is against democracy.

Some say presurizing election commission by doing dharna is against democracy.

Every threat to an individual or a party is declare as threat to democracy by that individual and party.

Let first decide what is democracy? and what is real threat to democracy?

I will appreciate if some (above his affilation) seriously highlight the breif definition about democracy and about kind of threats, it faces?

BitterTruth

For the people, by the people, of the people. And not for the elite, by the elite, of the elite is how it should be defined.

Further more, it’s not democracy at all if local people are not allowed to form their local governments. As a matter of fact local government is the soul of true democracy. What a democracy where you see the face of the leader just on election day only. After that he/she disappears forever. They never hold a surgery of their constituency to listen and to solve the problems of their constituents at all. In this case there is only one political party where MNAs and MPAs hold their surgery on regular basis to look after their citizens. And I think this can be witnessed by every citizen of their constituencies in Karachi. Ironically the name of this political party is MQM. Had I not experienced it by myself in Karachi, I might have then not believed it myself.

How corrupt, incapable, illiterate and victim of nepotism, a democratically elected members might be

Still—-Democracy could be successful to work and deliver under a process of filtration

Through

Rule of Law.

So far, no machine or computer has been invented to produce an ideal and perfect politician.

“So far, no machine or computer has been invented to produce an ideal and perfect politician.”

Did not think you are so ill informed Joginder Singh

Such a machine was invented in Larkana and has been producing perfect politicians ever since in the shape of Zulfiqar Bhutto, Benazir Zardari, Asif Ali Zardari and Bilawal Zardari………..and many more to come.

Do not see what you are complaining about?

What Qadri failed to accomplish (delaying elections) through his so called million man march is now being done with the help of terrorists.

The politicians instead of fighting with each other need to end this blame game and come together, otherwise there will be no elections in near future.

They need to combine all the agencies and form a Homeland Security Agency to tackle terrorism in Pakistan or say goodbye to democracy.

I think, it may already be too late……….

^^

These terror organizations have been created by our beloved establishment, more specifically, ISI. So, if you want to tackle terrorism, follow the footsteps; they all point to our security agencies that have nurtured these terrorists.

FYI- ISI directly reports to the prime minister but all of us know who actually controls it. So, create as many more agencies you want to or combine them all in one super agency, the result would still be the same.

A civilian control over these agencies would only happen if we see a continuation of democracy for at least 20-30 years. But that will remain a wish, establishment knows it well and will never let it happen.

The politicians instead of fighting with each other need to end this blame game and come together, otherwise there will be no elections in near future.

ضیا بھائی ۔

اتنی اچھی بات کرنے کے بعد اچھا ہوتا اگر اپ نا امیدی کی باتیں نہ کرتے ۔

I think, it may already be too late……….

بے شک پاکستان اس وقت ایک بڑے مشکل مرحلے سے گزر رہا ہے ۔ جیسے انسان پر مشکل وقت اتا ہے اور گزر جاتا ہے لیکن انسان کو ہمت نہیں ہارنی چاھیے ۔ اسی طرح قوموں پر بھی مشکل وقت اتا ہے گزر جائے گا پاکستانی قوم کو ہمت نہیں ہارنی چاھیے ۔۔۔

میں تو اس فورم کے ممبروں سے گزارش کروں گا کہ او ہم اس کی ابتدہ کرتے ہیں ۔ ہر عقلمند انسان کو ایسے عناصر سے کنارہ کشی اختیار کرنی چاہے جو انتہا پسندی یا نفرت کو فروغ دیتے ہیں ۔ ہم چاہے کسی بھی سوچ سے تعلق رکھتے ہوں ۔ چاہے کٹر مذہبی ہوں یا لبرل ۔ چاہے کسی فرقے سے بھی تعلق رکھتے ہوں یا کسی بھی سیاسی جماعت سے بھی تعلق رکھتے ہوں ۔ اگر ہم اپنے عزیز و اقارب سے ملیں یا دوست و احباب سے ملیں یا عام لوگوں سے ملیں تو ہمیں چاھیے کے ہر قسم کی انتہا پسندی کے خلاف اواز اٹھائیں اور اپس میں نفرت کے بجائے پیار اور محبت کی باتیں کریں تاکہ نہ صرف ہمارے اندر سے نفرت ختم ہو اور اپس میں پیار محبت پیدا ہو بلکہ پاکستانی عوام میں بھی نفرت ختم ہو اور پیار محبت پیدا ہو جائے ۔۔۔۔۔۔

Asif Bhai,

The word “liberal” is widely misused in our society.A religious person also can be a liberal, in western societies most of the religious people are liberals as well.The opposite of liberal is a conservative and there is nothing wrong with being a conservative, i personally know some great conservatives.

Arguments among conservatives and liberals have always been there and will continue in the future.It is a healthy sign in any society.

Our problem is when the religious conservative try to justify violence in the name of religion.

Very rarely you will see liberals getting violent.

When was the last time you seen liberals resort to violence?

After the “pu$$y riots in Russia” Now we have “Harlem Shake”.

Even in a very conservative society like Egypt, the liberal protest is something of a joke….

‘Harlem Shake’ dance arrives on Egypt Islamists’ doorstep

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/03/03/national/harlem-shake-dance-arrives-on-egypt-islamists-doorstep/#.UTVxoKI3vJk

آصف بھائی

ضیاء صاحب کے اچھے اقتباس پر بہت اچھی باتیں کیں آپ نے

مگر پیار محبت صرف باہر ہی کیوں

کیوں نہ اسکو فورم پر بھی اپلائی کیا جایے، “پجاریوں” سے محبت شروع کر کے

:) :)

ایزی گو بھائی ۔

ہم کب پچاریوں سے نفرت کرتے ہیں ۔ بڑے بڑے پچاری ہمارے استاد ہیں اور اپنے استاد سے بھی کوئی نفرت کر سکتا ہے ؟؟؟

پچاری تو پچاری ہمیں تو ان دو شاہی خاندانوں سے بھی نفرت نہیں جو کئی دھیوں سے باریاں لگا کر پاکستان کی غریب عوام کو لوٹ رہے ہیں ۔ ہماری تو بس ان سے ایک چھوٹی سی گزارش ہے کہ اب بس کر دو اور پاکستان کی غریب عوام کو لوٹنا چھوڑ دو ۔۔۔۔۔۔

::::::wink:wink:::::

Viewing 15 posts – 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

This topic contains 74 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Zia M 1 year, 1 month ago.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.